“To be the premier organisation in supporting pharmacists to seek career upgrade and providing professional support to deliver for best pharmaceutical care.”
"To provide leadership in advocacy, education and good pharmacy practice that improves patient healthcare through effective use of medication."
Pharmaceutical Society of Sri Lanka (PSSL) is a Member of the following International Pharmaceutical Organizations:
- Commonwealth Pharmaceutical Association (CPA)
- International Pharmaceutical Federation (Fifi)
- South East Asian FIP-WHO Forum of Pharmaceutical Association (SEARPharm Forum) and a member of the Organization of Professional Associations of Sri Lanka (OPA)
Code of ethics for pharmacists
- As a member of the health care delivery team, always attend professionally to the health and safety of each patient.
- Promote the welfare of every patient in a caring compassionate and a confidential, manner.
- Respect the dignity and freedom of each patient.
- Act with honesty and integrity in professional work and observe the laws relating to pharmacy.
- Maintain professional competence by continually enhancing knowledge.
- Respect the values and abilities of colleagues and other health professionals and cooperate with them to serve the patients.
- Discharge duties with sense of loyalty and commitment to the profession and accept accountability and responsibility in serving the patient.
- Serve individual, community, society and national needs.
- Dedicate the practice to excellence.